Copyright

Copyright © 2013 – 2022. Please note that all material on this site is protected under copyright law and cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, or transmitted in any form, without the author's permission. You may quote up to thirty (30) words from a post on the blog, but in so doing, you must provide a link back to the website and provide the name of the author.

Monday, September 11, 2023

Monitoring and Improving Your Health Through Dreams

I believe that one of the greatest values of dreams concerns our physical and mental health. Our dreams both monitor our health and provide guidance on ways to improve our health. This dual function of dreams is almost completely ignored although some scientists have studied the predictive value of dreams concerning our health. (See https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-factory/201412/do-your-dreams-predict-your-health.)

 

When did your doctor last ask you about your dreams? The answer is probably never. This is not surprising because medical doctors receive little if any exposure to dreams. (My doctor received none.) If they are exposed to dreams in their education, it is limited, and I believe most physicians think it is a subject for the psychiatrist and psychologist that has little bearing on the diseases they are trained to treat.

 

There is no scientific consensus on the meaning of dreams, which has left them in the purview of various religious and spiritual groups, New Age followers, and a small number of scientists. Scientists study dreams in dream or sleep laboratories, but the real meaning and value of dreams seems to have escaped them. They do acknowledge that certain conditions and warnings can be found in dreams, but they do not relate them to an overall theory of dreaming. Some modern theories of dreaming even regard dreams as meaningless noise from the subconscious. I will say more about this in future posts. I believe to really understand dreams you must accept the existence of God, a soul, and that humans are more than an accidental creation in the universe.

 

My own introduction to dreams came from the readings of Edgar Cayce, the famous 20th century psychic and prophet. When I was first introduced to his claims, I was dubious about them. Nevertheless, I decided to run my own experiments with my dreams as the source material. After over fifty years of working with my dreams, I can say that my findings were consistent with all his claims about dreams. I am not alone in this regard; the association (A.R.E.) that preserves the Cayce readings and teaches courses based on them has examined results from hundreds of dreamers who also reported results consistent with the Cayce teachings.

 

Cayce did not give some formula for interpreting dreams. It was quite the opposite although he did make many observations about the purpose and nature of dreams. He said we must all learn to interpret our dreams through self-examination and study. He made two major claims that fascinated me. He said that every significant event in our lives is “foreshadowed” in a dream. (This goes far beyond what scientists who believe that dreams can predict disease would claim.) He also said everyone could do what he did through their dreams. The first claim intrigued me because I thought it was something I could measure. It required about six months of recording and studying my dreams before I saw the correspondence between my nightly dreams and daily life unfold. But the correspondence was undeniable. Abilities that Cayce possessed gradually developed over time, although they did not begin to equal his.

 

My dreams became one of the greatest sources of help concerning my health. Conditions not yet physically visible were first reflected in my dreams. Suggestions were given for improving my health that included dietary changes, adding some exercises to my daily routine, and establishing a positive mental attitude. The nightly feedback from my dreams helped me live a healthy and long life free of pain and disease. When I retired from my corporate job, I had not taken a sick day in over twenty years. Prior to my work with dreams and the change of my lifestyle, I had frequent colds and often fell victim to the flu virus in the winter. I lacked energy and often did not feel well.

 

To many people, dreams seem strange with things happening that could not happen in real life—in the conscious world we know. The objects, people, and events in dreams often seem nonsensical. Dreams are seldom literal, with some exceptions such as certain health dreams. In health dreams, I have found that often a clear straightforward message is delivered that is literal. Although not always the case, it has happened in my dreams numerous times. This makes it a good place to focus your attention when beginning to study your dreams. With a small effort, you may receive some quick revelations about your health.

 

You may wonder why scientists in the health field have not fully endorsed the predictive power of dreams concerning one’s health. As pointed out in the previous reference and the following referenced book, some have, but most still ignore dreams as meaningless creations of the subconscious. Studies have been done about the predictive power of dreams for cancer (see Dreams That Can Save Your Life: Early Warning Signs of Cancer and Other Diseases Paperback – April 17, 2018, by Larry Burk M.D. C.E.H.P. and Kathleen O'Keefe-Kanavos), but I do not believe these results are widely known by practicing physicians and other health care workers. Although some may regard the findings described in this book as a major revelation, this predictive power of dreams was matter-of-factly stated by Edgar Cayce a hundred years ago. And the more recent New Age writings of Jane Roberts in the Seth material made such capabilities clear over fifty years ago. (See Seth: Dreams and Projections of Consciousness by Jane Roberts, Stillpoint Publishing, Walpole NH, 1987. This book was published after Robert’s death, but it contains material given by Seth in the 1960s.)

 

The occurrence of health-related predictive dreams is just a special case of the much more general predictive ability of dreams. But even here change is slow to come. The medical profession is conservative and is not likely to accept the diagnostic value of dreams until science has done much more research. And how would the predictive power of dreams be utilized in the healthcare field? Physicians are already having trouble getting people to observe basic dietary and exercise guidelines, so how would they get people to record their dreams. And if they did, who would interpret their dreams. This might be one area where AI could be of benefit. I think it would be of little value for most dreams, but it could have value for health dreams because the AI system would have all the information and test results for the patient, which could be used to aid in an interpretation. Although this is not yet a reality, you can still use the power of dreams in your personal life. In the following posts, I will show you how.

 

In my next post, I am going to focus on the predictive power of dreams regarding your physical health. I will treat mental health as a separate, but related, topic. To discuss dreams and physical health, I will introduce some of the symbolism in dreams and show how the symbols relate to one’s physical health. This will give you a sense of a dream’s use of symbols in their creation of an overall message. Rather than obscure, meaningless messages, dreams provide clear, concise messages about the state of our health. If you are sick, that didn’t suddenly happen overnight, even if you just recently became aware of the problem. The conditions for disease began long before they became physically evident. Your dreams can show you what is being built on a subconscious level, giving you an opportunity to make changes before a serious disease manifests physically. You create your reality in ways most people have never imagined, and there is no better way to see what you are creating than to learn the meaning of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment