Copyright

Copyright © 2013 – 2022. Please note that all material on this site is protected under copyright law and cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, or transmitted in any form, without the author's permission. You may quote up to thirty (30) words from a post on the blog, but in so doing, you must provide a link back to the website and provide the name of the author.

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Dream Snapshots of Tomorrow

In my writings I have claimed that I see tomorrow in my dreams. I see the most significant aspects of the next day. This does not mean that I see the most significant events occurring around the world. However, if some national or world event occurs that my subconscious thinks I should know about, it will be shown in a dream. What I should know about is based on many factors, not the least of which is my conscious focus in my everyday life. Sometimes my subconscious will bring to my attention future events that may be a threat that allows me to take appropriate action to avoid disaster. At other times such as in a recent dream, it reveals my reaction to something in the news.

 

I have long known that my dreams often tune into tomorrow’s activities. If I watch a movie, even though the day of the dream I had no thoughts of watching that movie the next day, scenes from that movie may be incorporated into a dream. Two nights ago, I dreamed about being with a man who took me to a speech he was going to make that involved tennis in some way. A young female tennis player was nearby and seemed to be the focus. Last evening, I watched the PBS news that had a segment about the fiftieth anniversary celebration during the US Open tournament of equal prize money in tennis for men and women. This is the theme of this year’s US Open and is a major event. Billy Jean King, who was instrumental in gaining equal pay for women, was interviewed along with a young female tennis player. Now in the dream, a man made the speech, but the man (relative) in the dream had a certain aggressiveness, physical appearance, and personality like that of Billy Jean King.

 

I was aware that the US Open tournament was underway but had no thoughts about it when I watched the news and did not expect to see it in the news or know the US Open was celebrating fifty years of equal prize money for men and women. Yet my dream picked up on that moment, perhaps because I am familiar with the history and remember the battle Bill Jean fought to get equal prize money for men and women tennis players. Now if this were a single occurrence one might say it was a coincidence, but a daily pattern makes it hard to justify on that basis.

 

The subconscious mind is not limited by space or time. The rules for its operation are different from the ones we experience in the conscious world in which we live. A study of your dreams will reveal this to you with relatively little effort. Problems that seem unsolvable to your conscious mind have their solution in the depths of the subconscious. But to find the solution, you must be paying attention to the messages the subconscious is sending you each night in your dreams. You must be alert and open to the guidance you receive. If you have decided that the answer to a problem must happen a certain way, you may never see the real answer because you have limited yourself to a small subspace of acceptable options. And you will not even be aware of what may be the best solution.

 

Your dreams are about you. In my example of the tennis dream, I had certain strong associations with the man in the dream. This allowed me to see the connection to Billy Jean King. He was a representative for her. Someone else would probably not make the same connection. This is why you should not turn to someone else to interpret your dreams. Even if they are skilled at interpreting their own dreams, they do not have the reservoir of memories and associations that are used by your subconscious to construct the dream. The dream is not just a random collection of characters, scenes, and actions. Each item in the dream was chosen for a specific reason—because they could tell the story or deliver the message better than another one could.

No comments:

Post a Comment