Copyright

Copyright © 2013 – 2022. Please note that all material on this site is protected under copyright law and cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, or transmitted in any form, without the author's permission. You may quote up to thirty (30) words from a post on the blog, but in so doing, you must provide a link back to the website and provide the name of the author.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Astral Projection

Some teachers of metaphysics have said that we routinely leave our bodies during sleep. I know of many occasions when I was certain I was out of body and not just having a normal dream. In one of my previous posts called Dreams and Two Aspects of Mind (1/30/2015), I gave an example of a dream involving astral travel. I have had numerous others over the years.

About month ago, I had an interesting experience related to astral projection while waking up. I had read a long time ago that if we were alert and kept watch, eventually we would catch ourselves leaving or entering our bodies as we fall asleep or awaken. 

In my case, I was starting to wake up, not yet fully conscious, when I became aware of myself making a fast rotation like a spinning top as I reentered my body. So I did indeed catch myself returning from a nightly sojourn.

In the past, I have had experiences of feeling like I snapped back into my body upon awakening. But this is the most dramatic one. I actually experienced the reentry into my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment