Copyright

Copyright © 2013 – 2022. Please note that all material on this site is protected under copyright law and cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, or transmitted in any form, without the author's permission. You may quote up to thirty (30) words from a post on the blog, but in so doing, you must provide a link back to the website and provide the name of the author.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Summary Comments on Health Dreams and Subject of Next Post

I have made several posts about dreams relating to one’s physical and mental health. Dreams of this nature are often easy to interpret, and they can be quite direct in their messages. But in order to benefit, the dreamer has to want to take action and actually follow through. If the dreamer is willing to accept his or her condition and believe that nothing can be done, I can offer little hope that dreams will be beneficial. 

I think we have all encountered people, sometimes as family members, who have struggled or are struggling with serious physical or mental issues. The effects of current lifestyles with little exercise and over eating are all too apparent. And the pressures of the fast pace of modern society and dissolution of the family unit have contributed to widespread drug use. 

Drugs have been used by previous generations; smoking and alcohol use were certainly commonly depicted in movies made in the 1940s and 1950s. But I think today’s explosion of drugs of all kinds, both prescription and non-prescription, is different and has wreaked havoc on families. And some of the new synthetic drugs people take to experience a high or escape from their problems have far greater dangers associated with them than alcohol or tobacco.

Nowadays, many people seem to accept what was once unacceptable. If I were providing counseling to teenagers heading down the wrong path, I would advise them to start recording their dreams. Perhaps dramatic and frightening images in dreams that show a troubled future might get their attention when other methods have failed. The undesirable future they see is likely to be all too true for many if they remain on their current path. 

Although I did not have weight or drug problems as a teenager or adult, I did have other health issues in my twenties. After I started working with my dreams, they were soon addressed, which enabled me to make corrections before they became a serious detriment to my quality of life.

We all know that eventually our lives on this earth will end. Our bodies will gradually wear out, even if some disease does not claim our lives. So what do our dreams show when our physical lives are nearing an end? If a loved one is about to pass over, how is this shown in a dream? 


Dreams of death and dying will be the subject of my posts in Section 6, in which I describe some of my dreams that related to the death of a loved one. The dreams, along with some experiences in meditation, have allowed me to see death as the transformation that it is rather than an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment