Copyright

Copyright © 2013 – 2022. Please note that all material on this site is protected under copyright law and cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, or transmitted in any form, without the author's permission. You may quote up to thirty (30) words from a post on the blog, but in so doing, you must provide a link back to the website and provide the name of the author.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Some Comments on my Dreams and the Economic Environment

Recently, I wrote about my dream and the US dollar. At the time of the dream, I wondered why the focus was on the dollar because it was not something I invest in or monitor. Although I could not see the direction of the dollar’s price move, I did know that it was huge. And I had a feeling that it may not be down as I expected. This dream turned out to be prescient as the strong move up in interest rates is driving the dollar ever higher. And those who bet against the dollar are suffering losses.

 

The increase in interest rates is now driving stocks lower. If rates continue to move higher, we can probably forget about a soft landing for the economy. Maybe they will stabilize; we will soon know the answer. I don’t know if higher rates alone will cause a stock market crash, but higher rates are not good for the market. There is a saying, “Don’t fight the Fed.” This means that when the Fed is lowering rates, it may be a good time to invest. When the Fed is raising rates, be cautious. The Fed tends to overcorrect. If they push rates too high, we could see an edge-of-cliff scenario.

 

I am concerned about the funding situation for Ukraine. This was one of my scenarios as an interpretation for my football dream and collapse of the team. I hope that we do not see an end to funding; I think it could be catastrophic for Ukraine.

 

News articles are now appearing that warn about the effect of climate change on the average household's finances. Here in Florida, I was just notified that the cost of our condo insurance held by my association will rise by 50-70 percent next year. The insurance company said we were lucky because it is going up 100 percent for most condo associations across Florida. This is the result of the huge insurance losses from increased storm activity directly attributable to climate change. Hurricanes have always been a threat, but storms are now more frequent with costs from their effects rising rapidly.

 

If you don’t think climate change is real, watch what happens to your household budget over the next few years. I think you will soon be convinced that something unprecedented is happening. Now it is not a question of whether we will be affected by climate change; it is a question of how much we will be affected. It is not just Florida that is affected; the recent storm in New York city was another shocking example of unprecedented storm activity. Scenarios like that are playing out across the United States and around the world.

 

I apologize for not continuing with my explanation of dream symbols as promised; I wanted to get these comments and those of the previous post out first. I will soon get back to dream symbols and some of their common meanings.

. .

No comments:

Post a Comment